Wednesday, July 25, 2007

wind in your hair

I just found out I'm being given zero dollars to set up my classroom this year. This is a serious bummer because I need books for my students in a major way. I can't very well teach an English class with no freaking books in my room, can I? Gosh, money sucks.

If you have any young adult novels you can donate to my cause, I would seriously appreciate it and would probably bake you cookies. No books but you have some extra cash? Consider adopting my classroom so I can buy some much needed supplies.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

hey! I know your pain. Two things I can suggest are library thrift stores (sometimes you can get two or four books for a dollar--I started getting EIGHT for a dollar once they realized that I was so poor and a teacher--so make friends!) and asking your students at the beginning of the year if they want to "donate" old books to the classroom. Sometimes the classroom climate doesn't work that way, but I've had students come in with BOXES of books....
But yeah, it's expensive. Also, try starting a "scholastic" book order account. As your students buy books, you can earn points to get books for free for the classroom.

The Parkin Lot said...

Hey Megan,
Amy and I have some books for your classroom--we went through all our books when we moved and pulled some out for you that we don't read anymore. How can we get them to you?