Sunday, December 30, 2007

face the truth

Back from Oklahoma, with lots of musings about the word unmoored and a general feeling of anxiety as 2007 draws to a rapid close and we zoom in on 2008. But none of that now. Just this:


All the future seems unclear
never moving never near
but You hold me as I scream
wake me from my wicked dream
something out there waits for me
hand in hand we wait for it
but I'm still nothing next to You
I'm still nothing without to You

And the wonder of it all is I'm still standing
And the wonder of it all is we're still standing
Never planned it
And I wonder where I'll be next year
-Monday Morning, Wonder of it All

2 comments:

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

Is that your Venn diagram? If you have a passport, a dream and gumption, why not teach overseas? The Dept. of Defense Schools are always looking for teachers...

kidicarus222 said...

The Venn diagram reminds me a lot of this one. Do these come from a certain place that I'm not aware of?

http://kidicarus222.blogspot.com/2007/11/cannibals-venn-diagram.html