Monday, June 12, 2006

moved with the shakers


What with graduation looming and many people moving out of Davis, there has been a general negative attitude about our fair city lately. I understand, being a Davis-hater myself in the early years, but this sleepy little town has grown on me, and I'm excited to be here for a while longer. In honor of the next two years, I give you Megan's official list of Things I Love About Davis:

-Farmer's Market and Picnic in the Park
-the parade and Doxie Derby on Picnic Day
-strolling through the Arboretum
-Alpha Gamma Omega and the AGO house in general
-our many quirky town characters
-University Covenant Church
-how I can get a suntan just walking to class in the springtime
-the Varsity Theater
-Ciocolate, Crepeville, Ali Baba, Cafe Roma, Thai 2K, Common Grounds
-ADX alums in nearby Natomas
-relative proximity to skiing, good theatre, wine, and home (Tahoe, San Francisco, Napa, and the Bay, respectively)
-the Quad on sunny days
-the ducks, especially when found in unexpected places like at bus stops or in the Voorhies fountain
-The Mondavi Center (but not payroll reports)
-Nugget sandwiches for dinner
and in honor of my education:
-The English department, School of Education, and Professor Hurst (happy retirement!)

This post brought largely to you courtesy of the DavisWiki (another favorite)

No comments: