Wednesday, June 14, 2006

where oh where can i find someone, anyone

For my birthday, my old boss Sarah gave me two potted plants - a trailing ivy and some tiny little flowers - which I promptly killed. I didn't think I was bad at plants, but I'd never really had plants, so I don't know why I thought I'd be good at them. Daniel was over as I was packing up my room the other day and he saw the empty ivy pot and asked what I was going to do with it.

"I dunno. You should buy me a plant at the nursery and I'll try to keep it alive. It will be like a love fern," I joked.
"That's a good idea. Maybe I will."

I then proceeded to pack the pot at the bottom of one of my boxes because, honestly, who buys a love fern?

Apparently, my boyfriend.

I came home from our work party today (catered by the Buckhorn!), to find this:


There was also a poem (because what's a gift from Daniel without a poem?):
I love a semi-sunny spot,
I love to show my color off.
I love to watered every day or two,

But most of all, I cannot help but love you!


(notice the subtle watering directions hidden in the poem!)

This means several things:
1) He unpacked my boxes to find the pot and then repacked them
2) I have a love fern
3) I have to keep it alive!

He told the lady at the nursery that I killed my last plant and she suggested a cactus, but he says he has more faith in me than that. I say he's full of wishful thinking. But I'll try. You know, cause it's a love fern.

(does anyone know what kind of flower this actually is?)

2 comments:

SparkFaith said...

that is totally adorable!

Anonymous said...

mucho cute. hey and yes! let's hang!! are you free tomorrow? (Friday)