Thursday, June 01, 2006

meet me here

My college career is ending in 5 days with as little fanfare and excitement as posisble. I haven't sent out graduation announcements, I'm not having a party, I'm not even walking. I'm just pleased to know that I'm done and that I finished well. I'm proud of what I've accomplished here and what I'm moving forward to do and all I really need is a pat on the back from my dad and to know that my parents are proud of me. Which they are.

Last weekend was seriously a whirlwind. On Friday night, I got comp tickets from Mondavi to the Pacific Edge Film Festival, so Daniel and I went and saw some pieces by Melinda Stone, specifically the Market Street Project, which we were both really interested in. On Saturday, we met up with Alex to go see some of our kids play in the Sacramento Jazz Jubilee, and then on Sunday morning after church we left for Napa. After some winetasting and winery-visiting, we drove down to Millbrae for cake and card games with Daniel's parents and some of his cousins and on Monday morning we visited my mom for a few hours before coming back up to Davis so I could be at elections for ADX's 06-07 eboard.

I can't believe it's Thursday already and that this upcoming weekend is upon me so quickly. Steph's bridal shower is Saturday morning at California Cafe in Palo Alto and I'm so excited to go and celebrate with her. On top of all that UCC's Annual Celebration is Sunday night and they've asked me to be there so they can honor me for my work this year, but I think I have to babysit, so that's kind of a bummer.

So I guess even if I'm not walking or throwing a huge graduation bash, I'm busy enough as this quarter draws to a close. Last night marked yet another fabulous evening at the Denison House after Worship Night at the Edge with grilled chicken kabobs, rice and corn curry, wine, cheesecake, and chocolate covered strawberries in celebration of Daniel's birthday. I have been blessed with some incredible friends and sitting around Alex's huge dining room table, drinking wine and playing "Blind Ignorance" is always a nice reminder.

Pictures from Napa soon. And my brother moved back home. Life stays interesting.

No comments: