Sunday, May 10, 2009

do not fear

I am overwhelmed with the amount of things going on right now.

This weekend, Brian and I signed the lease for our new apartment in Campbell! We will be living 2.2 miles from my school and 4.5 miles from his and a 5 minute walk from awesome downtown Campbell at Avalon Campbell. It's slightly more money than I was wanting to pay for rent (I am the financial guru), but it is right on the Los Gatos Creek Trail which means lots of nature and running and biking, plus it's so close to our schools and has a great downtown scene and some incredible churches, so I conceded. I get what I want most of the time, so it was time for Brian to have his way. :)

So on top of lease signing and setting up utilities and merging our bank accounts (yikes!) and packing up my room in the house (I move in 4 weeks!), I also need to finish BTSA for my Professional Presentation this Wednesday (gag me), wrap up the teaching year (only 12 school days left holycrap!), deal with end-of-the-soccer-season business, and, OH YEAH, plan my wedding!

I am also having two showers this weekend, which just seems so extravegant that it's embarassing. My students (with the help of some co-workers) are throwing me a shower after school on Friday and then my mom and the b-maids are throwing the "official" shower on Sunday at the Tower Cafe. I am excited but also a little nervous, as I don't know how I feel about all this fuss over just me. I guess I should get used to it, what with a whole wedding coming up (77 days!) but... it still seems strange. This is what happens when you have to share a birthday with your sibling every single year of your life!

I intended to get a lot of work done this evening, but ended up having to call the cops because my neighbor was wasted and fighting with some other wasted guys in his backyard while his kids played in the street, so I ended up babysitting while the police and his wife did damage control. Needless to say, the move could not come at a better time.

2 comments:

SparkFaith said...

CANNOT wait until your done with school and moving and we can really catch up! Need any help moving let me know... If i am free I'd love to help. Congrats on the new place - it looks awesome!


Oh and get used to focus on you! Maybe i should pass on the light up bride crown for Sunday though. . .

Anonymous said...

You guys are moving to the cutest area! I love all that downtown Campbell has to offer, TJs and Whole Foods within walking distance and check out the Farmers Market and 'Stacks' for breakfast! The Los Gatos Creek trail is beautiful, watch out for bike and pedestrian collisions tho! We've seen egrets and herons along the way. Have a great time at your shower and revel in all the attention. Hugs to mom on her b-day.
love ya..........k