Monday, May 01, 2006

love is different

First post from the new office. Not so much an office at the moment. More the receptionist's desk at the Mondavi business offices. I'm covering for Denise while Debbie gets stuff together for me to do. So far, I am bored beyond belief, but am getting to practice my "phone voice" which, apparently, is very good. If it's anything like a "radio voice" my young aspirations of being a radio personality may one day be realized.

Or something.

My Sunday was glorious. Daniel and I left Davis on Saturday night and headed to his parents' house. It was awesome to get out of Davis after the emotional rollar coaster horror story that was Saturday and, all things considered, just spend some uninterrupted time with my boyfriend without all this newly inhereted awkwardness that snuck up on me out of nowhere. We went to the Japanese Tea Gardens, checked out the outdoor installation pieces at the DeYoung Museum, and then strolled through the Botanical Gardens before grabbing lunch and watching the most boring Giant's game of the season (but we had great seats!). Then we met up with his parents, did a little shopping, and grabbed dinner at CPK. We opted against driving home late because we were both exhausted, caught the new Grey's Anatomy, and then got back into Davis around 7:30 this morning, just in time for me to jump in the shower and race back onto campus to be at work at 8.

It's 11am and I'm exhausted.


Now I'm afraid love came right up
And it slapped me in the face
But i did not know

No comments: