Saturday, February 17, 2007

the fear you wont fall

So I have a lot of work due in the next week, specifically Task 2 of my PACT which involves a lot of extensive lesson plans and getting filmed (again? seriously?) while I teach. Boo.

I'm home for the long weekend and find that I simply can't motivate myself to get anything done. I really just want to sit on the couch with my dog and read Zadie Smith's On Beauty, eat purple grapes, and drink lattes.

The whole "get a job for next year" thing is a little stressful as well, but again, I can't bring myself to do much about it. Basically, I want to teach in a Davis junior high or at my old high school. These are two very different schools in two very different locations and the constant mental comparisons I keep making are beginning to make my head hurt. I just want a job. And for this academic year to be over. I freaking hate grad school.

Winter Camp was awesome as usual, even with my ex-boyfriend in attendance and his random, weird comments about coffee and my nose ring. My pictures are up here and everyone else's will be here soon enough.

OK, back to work. Maybe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Hope you're having a good weekend at home in the Bay. So...when are we meeting up?! This week?