Thursday, March 16, 2006

feel the rain on your skin

Something I ran across today:
"The subtlety of sin is that is takes the gifts of God and entices us to use them at times or in ways that God has forbidden." -Pastor Tirone


Oh. Em. Gee. Guys, could life be any crazier? Yesterday was supposed to be my last day of undergraduate instuction ever. Instead, I had to CANCEL my graduation. I'm less than pleased. However, it means I'm covered by my insurance though the summer, which is important. And it means I get my pre-reqs done and don't have to pay for them myself, which is also important. It's just lame.

Heath and I have been having a less than cordial email correspondance these last several days, which is also less than pleasing. I wish he could be an adult about the whole situation, nearly six months later. Stop sending me snide messages, stop treating me like I'm the most horrible person in the world, and stop acting like a 14 year old. I don't like having to be mean to him, because he's a good guy, but he just doesn't "get" it, and that's so hard for me right now because we are in such different places.

Had lunch with the always fabulous Kelli-Sho yesterday and caught up on life. We talked about starting a young adults ministry in the next year at UCC, since there's such a need and no one doing much about it. We talked a bit about ADX and the "going dry" debacle and what it's like being on the outside looking in, both in ADX-land and in college-land in general. I'll be so glad when this chapter is over, when I can look at my diploma and know that I did something great and that I've moved on.

I'm looking forward to April, even though I'll be a student. Weddings and Easter and birthdays and Picnic Day and baseball games and sunny weather. May will hopefully equal traveling, as I amazingly have nothing on my calendar yet. I need to visit Steph at Azusa for a little wedding madness, and Daniel and I want to spend a weekend in Seattle, a few beach trips/road trips, camping in Yosemite, and, of course, some time at home with both families.

I'm a little overwhelmed right now with my last history paper, registering for classes, waiting to hear about grad school, finding a place to live in the fall, the growing pile of laundry on my bed, all the people who want to have coffee with me before surgery, and trying to negotiate my work schedule for next quarter. Sometimes, I just feel like doing this.


New York...LA...
Hey man, you know its all the same

No comments: