Tuesday, March 14, 2006

this is not really happening

Tomorrow is my last day of undergraduate instruction... ever. I've been celebrating my looming graduation by not really doing anything for the first time in months. This weekend? Bummed around, worked out, didn't write a paper, didn't research, didn't read articles or poetry or novels. Nice.

I'm sitting in the southgate booth waiting for the next 25 minutes to finish creeping by. Then, it's off to the School of Education for my placement interview. I've had no way to prep for it, so I'm planning to simply wow them with my sparkling personality. Like a diamond, it is...

Although I haven't had much work to do, I've been stressed and distressed and anxious and more than a little PMS-y. I need to find somewhere to live, but now is not a good time for me to be looking for somewhere to live because I'm working 30+ hours a week (40+ after the break) and graduating and having surgery. And I'm having a hard time trusting that God has it under control because I feel so out of control and we've all been so busy that none of us have had time to sit down and talk about life in a while, and that makes things harder because sometimes I just need to hear Alison or Daniel say, "It's going to be alright. Drink your tea and relax". I hope my anxiety doesn't pop up unexpectedly during the interview this morning and I hope that I continue to remember that God is good and faithful and desires to see me happy.

Alaska this summer may be a no-go, what with finances and scheduling and other random interferences, but I'm looking forward to working and saving money and spending two weeks in Hawaii with the family and the boy, going on a lot of trips with the junior high kids, attending weddings, and getting ready for the big, bad world of graduate school and student teaching and being an adult.


Let us die young
Or let us live forever

No comments: