Tuesday, March 28, 2006

still make lemonade taste like a summers day

I'm not dead, but I am still drugged. Typing is still a bit painful, but it's much better today and I figure it's time for an update of sorts.

The surgery went well. It was quick and as painless as could be expected. I had two incompotent nurses who insterted not one, but two IVs incorrectly, but had a great anethesiologist who offered to then do it all for me and I never felt a thing. W0ke up 2 hours later not the least bit groggy or in pain and spent most of the afternoon with my boy until he left for San Diego. Then the pain got pretty bad because we had underestimated everything and it took about a day to get back on top of the painkillers, but I made it through.

The last couple of days have been boring. I still can't do much and my mobility is returning slowly. I'm supposed to stay in the sling for another 2 weeks, which is going to be difficult once I'm back in class and at work, but then I get to start physical therapy. The worst part of the day is always when I'm in bed, because nothing is comfortable and my sleeping pills aren't working as well anymore. Last night was miserable because my shoulder is more of a dull ache now than anything, and it'st mostly just annoying.

I found out I got into grad school yesterday, which was super exciting and means I actually have to start seriously looking for somewhere to live next week when I get back to Davis. But hey, I got in!

I'm also sucessfully registered in 8 of the 10 units I'm taking next quarter. Hooray for people dropping classes! (and for me being willing to take crappy discussion section times)

Props to Daniel, Alison, and Kim for being the only people who have called or emailed to see how my surgery went in the last week. Thanks a lot, guys.


This post brought to you courtesy of lots of typos because, hey, I just had surgery.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So Trav and the mom are chopped liver?? hrumpf!
We love you

Meg said...

please - you guys are SO much more important. thanks so much for stopping by, it made my week :)