Wednesday, November 15, 2006

i think ill stay in bed

I'm going out this Friday. This is a big deal because I haven't gone out since, like, August but I'm in desperate need of a good time with good friends and since Nick and Joe have promised to be there, it's on (feel free to join us, of course). It's been an unnaturally long three weeks of solo teaching and I'm aggravated and discouraged by a lot of things, but I've been listening to some pretty good music lately and tomorrow's lesson looks like it might break the mold (just a little. Enough to get my kids interested but not enough to get the district angry) and, sweet Jesus, Bethany is back in the USA and I get to go home on Sunday and stay there for a whole week.

This post brought to you courtesy of the beginnings of a migraine, Rufus Wainwright, Caramel Apple Cake from the Nugget, and the letter zed (because, let's be honest, don't I always wish I was in London?).

2 comments:

SparkFaith said...

I would LOVE to see you before I fly off to Seattle on Wednesday night. Let me know when is good for you!

Kelli said...

Speaking of good music, where's my mix? I demand a Megan compilation before the holidays!! Oh, and congrats and getting through your three weeks of solo teaching in one piece!