Monday, November 20, 2006

i turn my camera on

Today, I went to the doctor.

I haven't been to the doctor in a long time. Mostly because I don't really like doctors and don't like taking medicine and, in general, feel that I take good enough care of myself that I don't really need someone poking and prodding at me all the time.

I can't even remember the last time I went to the doctor for just a routine checkup (not to have my shoulder pried open or to have my infected ear looked at or to get shots for travelling), so Mom said it was time to go. Besides, she had just gone to a new doctor and really liked her and thought that I would like her too.

And I did. I just didn't really like all of the things that this doctor's visit amounted to, including but not limited to:

-a full phyiscal
-a breast exam
-a pelvic exam
-a pap smear (fun!)
-a tetnus booster
-a whooping cough immunization
-a blood test
-a urine sample
-and an examination of all my moles to make sure I don't have skin cancer. If you've seen me in a bathing suit, you know how extensive that was.

And, surprise!, I'm healthy. What a shocker. I have a normal blood pressure, a healthy BMI, a regular-sized uterus and overies, and excellent reflexes and circulation.

What I don't have, incidentally, is my certificate of clearance from the California Comission on Teacher Credentialing because the School of Education mixed up my file with someone else's file (there's a Megan Janelle Garcia out there, apparently) and while I probably won't be kicked out of the program for this, I might not be allowed back into the classroom until after Christmas.

So, you know, just a normal day back at home in the Bay Area. At least Iget to see Teresa.

No comments: