Tuesday, March 13, 2007

bronze skin and cinnamon tans


This Thursday, my Eng9 class will submit their "Romeo & Juliet" CD projects. I'm excited about this project because it's an opportunity for the students to show me that they understand the plot and themes conveyed in "Romeo & Juliet" without having to do a lot of written work.

They're also really easy for me to grade.

In the spirit of being a good teacher, I also completed the CD project and brought it to class with me today to model for them what I'm looking for. The entire project consists of a CD case front with an illustration, CD case back with the track listings, complete lyrics for 2 songs, and a completed CD planning worksheet. The worksheet asks students to list bits of lyrics from each song and then show why they chose the song by connecting them to lines from the play.

Here's my soundtrack:

"Summer Jam" -Underdog Project
"Please Forgive Me" -David Gray
"Cupid's Chokehold" -Gym Class Heroes
"Ordinary People" -John Legend
"The Red" -Chevelle
"Don't Matter" -Akon
"If You're Not the One" -Daniel Bedingfield
"Wonderland" -Dexter Freebish
"Far Away" -Nickelback
"Never Leave Your Heart Alone" -Butterfly Boucher


My PACT is still unfinished, but I remain optimistic. This weather makes it hard to get anything done though, as I just want to lay out by the pool in my bikini.

Which I did, yesterday...

No comments: