Thursday, March 15, 2007

got a secret handshake

I just turned in my PACT.

I feel like the quarter is over even though I have two more classes next week (during finals week! Boo.) and a ton of stuff to do to get ready for all my interviews, plus Lindy's wedding. Yikes. I'm still swamped.

Today the Davis schools had a minimum day and I got a call from one of my seventh grade girls, inviting me to have lunch with her and a bunch of her friends at Pluto's. I think I literally saw every junior high student in Davis this afternoon. Sterling even dropped by and asked me when I was going to start working at Davis High, which prompted a fight with the girls because they want me to work at Harper next year. Bethany interjected, "Are you sure you want Megan as your Bible study leader and your English teacher? What if you get tired of her or decide you don't like her anymore?"

"Wh-what?" Sterling sputtered. "Why wouldn't you like Megan? She's awesome. She's going to be the best teacher ever."

It warmed the cockles of my heart, it did. I love kids.

In other news, nine of my students turned in their CD projects. And they're great! Hopefully I'll get some more turned in after the weekend.

No comments: