Thursday, March 29, 2007

let the rain fall down

I am officially on Spring Break! Just 4 more screening interviews, 1 follow-up interview, 1 rehearsal dinner & wedding, 1 children's musical performance, and 1 staff meeting until I get to go home and... work for my dad for a week.

BUT grades are almost done (they're due the week I get back) and I'm hugely looking forward to spending tomorrow night with Lindy and the girls relaxing before an exciting Saturday of wedding madness.

I hope I get hired before my birthday. Talk about celebrating!

EDIT: Today I had my 9th graders watch the Oprah Building a Dream special about her Leadership Academy for Girls in South Africa. We had an interesting discussion afterward about the value of schooling in South Africa versus the United States, which eventually led to the topic of the "American dream". I told my students that, for many people, the American dream consists of having a lot of money, a fancy car, and a huge house. For me, however, it pretty much just entails teaching students.

They looked at me like I was crazy. And maybe I am.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Dang, it sounds like your still soo busy! Any time for a quad? Oh, I think some of the high schoolers are coming over for lunch tomorrow (korri, leila, etc.), so if you wanted to show up, you're more than welcome to!