Monday, June 11, 2007

impossible things are happening everyday

Things are really winding down now! Tonight we had an English cohort party at Val's place and I'm giving my last final tomorrow morning. Then... graduation! I can't believe I'm actually done.

I have such incredible news I just can't contain myself. I have one student in my English 9 class who I have just totally fallen in love with. If you remember, he is the one who did very poorly last semester, but got really into Romeo & Juliet back in February. He's been hovering just below a D- all semester and I've really been encouraging him to get his work done and study hard for the final. Well, he completed an incredible project when we finished reading the Odyssey and got a 90% on his final today, bringing his grade in my class up to a C-. I'm so proud of him and just feel so... fulfilled, I guess is the best word to describe it. Like, I made a difference. A real difference. That's awesome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember a conversation we had about this at the beginning of the school year. I'm glad you found that one student. You do make a difference.
Love, k