Friday, June 22, 2007

nothing but a summer jam

Well, it's officially summertime. I know this because my dad has been doing a lot of grilling and I've been doing a lot of... nothing! Finally!

My little summer school class is just awesome. I have about 12 kids and we have been reading books and doing art projects and telling riddles and just having a super time every morning. I've been working a few 4-hour shifts for my dad as well (our business has boomed ever since we recieved the Tall Tree award for Outstanding Business not too long ago), but overall it's just nice to relax, lay out by the pool, read some good books, and not worry about much of anything aside from packing for Hawaii in three weeks (I'm already dreaming of Mai Tais and fresh pineapple, believe me).

I cruised up to Davis yesterday for a meeting with WJUSD to finish up some paperwork and get all of my health insurance stuff figured out. I also swung by WHS to pick up my books for next year. I'm teaching 2 periods of English 9, 1 period of Senior Literature & Composition, and a 2 hour ELD block. I'm super excited about Senior English, which focuses on British and World Lit. The anthology is awesome and includes excerpts from Beowulf, The Canterbury Tales, the Decameron, tons of great poetry, and a lot of really great Holocaust material too. I can't wait to start planning!

But right now, it's dinnertime. I've missed my mom's cooking.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Glad you're finally able to relax! So any book recommendations?