Tuesday, June 12, 2007

to take me away

I walked out the front doors of Hiram Johnson High School for the very last time today. I might not be exaggerating when I say I did a little dance as I got into my car.

Because I won't be in class on Thursday to give students their final grades, I emailed the student from the previous post to let him know about his final grade and tell him how proud I was of him. Today, I got this in response:
You just made my day. I'm glad i was able to have the chance to be your student for the second semester and I have not problem at all keeping in touch i think that is a wonderful idea. Maybe i'll send you some of my 10th grade english work i complete next year and you can let me know wat you think. Well Ms. Garcia its been a honor.
Awesome.

I graduate tomorrow and will probably take a little blogging break as I move back home and start my new teaching gig. Here's to summer (finally)!!

1 comment:

kidicarus222 said...

TAG!

You're it. It's like ice-breakers, but benefitting your blog traffic.