Wednesday, April 26, 2006

blast stereos loud


The finish line is almost here
And someone softly whispers in my ear

'Times like these are memories

To hold deep down inside of you and me...'


There is something about Ben and Jerry's Free Cone Day that just screams springtime in Davis to me. The sun was out, Lindy and I didn't go to class, and we got free ice cream while KDVS spun and children ran around barefoot. Then Lindy and I chatted for like three hours about weddings and ADX and friends and all kinds of good things. Daniel says that's the mark of a good friendship - we don't see eachother all the time and sometimes maybe even disagree about things, but everytime we hang out I always say how much fun I had and how much I enjoy her company. True story.

So the sun is finally shining (see?) and next week my work schedule gets all switched around so that I'm done by noon on Mondays and Wednesdays. Glorious. Sitting in this windowless office at 12:30 really bites. I also get a new office next week, actually in the Mondavi Center. The good news is that I get a new office. The bad news is that I get a new office beccause my boss just resigned to take a job at the c apitol. This is great news for her because she gets to head up a state-wide initiative for arts education, but it means I don't get to work for her anymore, and that's kind of sad.

This weekend - Wine, Cheese, and Chocolate Party and the Giants v. Diamondback's game! Watered down beer and garlic fries - I'm a happy girl!

Yikes, it's almost May!

2 comments:

SparkFaith said...

:)


Thanks so much 1st for suggesting taking 120 P/NO, I think it will make this quarter go a lot smoother. Have a great weekend! ENjoy this amazing sunshine and are you normally free after class on tuesdays? We could totally make our convos a weekly thing!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sad that I missed the Ben and Jerry's free ice cream day :( I guess I will have to wait another year. Anyway, how about we meet up the 2nd week of May? That Tuesday - the 9th? Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you - life has been busy as I'm sure yours has been too. :P