Thursday, April 06, 2006

how great

Blog, what? I'm alive, I promise.

This quarter hit the ground running and, let's be honest, I'm not one for sprinting. I hate, hate, hate missing zero week, even though it's completely worthless, because it means that all of my questions about the syllabus have already been answered when I wasn't around and I'm the idiot who is reasking them. But aside from that, the quarter looks promising. I might actually learn something in my classes, especially the seminar that I was least excited about taking.

I'm still trying to find time to put together all of the COTW pictures into a sweet slideshow and hopefully can get that done before midterms. I had a dream about camp the other night and I wish I was going back this summer, but I also know that it would be totally different without Jenn and Kiki and Liz and Ashley and all of our crazy guy friends who aren't returning either (Josh and Tesz and Dan especially). Max is going to have such a sweet time with Mike and I'm jealous of all the time they'll be spending on the water, as I could probably actually wakeboard this year now that the surgery is done.

I was so blessed to spend last summer there, digging into the Word with Mike every morning, waking up to beautiful sunsets on the lake, encouraging staff and loving on teens and learning to rely on God for everything, not just the obvious stuff. I'm blessed that every time Mike emails me, he asks how I'm doing spiritually and makes sure I'm still in the Word. I'm blessed to have met Jenn (my favorite sister from the 'Nati) and the Perry's (who hooked us up hardcore in NYC) and Beth and Ryan (the most incredible example of newlyweds I have ever met) and countless teens who loved me and encouraged me and taught me so much (Joe and Elizabeth and Taylor and Tim, most specifically). I was called and I went. And that amazes me sometimes.

Maybe because I'm so stubborn and maybe because I have my own ideas of what my life should be like, but I've spent my whole live struggling with discrening God's calling in my life. How often have I completely ignored what God wants for me because I thought I knew what I wanted for myself instead? God promises to bless us in weakness. He says that His power is made perfect in us when we are weak, which is so incredible to me because my life has always been about being strong and capable and knowing where I'm going. But at the same time, how awesome that God desires to bless me for just giving it all to Him?

I know I talk about it a lot, but out of all of God's promises, this is the one that amazes me the most.

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness" (2 Cor 12:9).

No comments: