Wednesday, April 19, 2006

feels like today


"We're adults. When did that happen? And how do we make it stop?"
-Grey's Anatomy

Turning 21 last year was exciting. 21 is like, "Whoohoo! I'm 21! I can legally consume alcohol! I'm an adult! I can do whatever I want!"

22, however, is a bit more like, "Dude, get a job."

Regardless, today is my 22nd birthday, and I'm celebrating with the usual pizzazz in the Mondavi office. Sarah has been out of the office for the last 3 days, so I don't technically have any work to do and I'm wondering how many hours I can eat up checking my email and reading the news on CNN.com before I peace out and make my way into this beautiful day.

The weather is glorious, which I consider God’s own little “Happy Birthday” to me following nearly 30 straight days of rain. The outlook for Picnic Day is not so hot, but I’m keeping my fingers crossed. Kimberley, Alison, and I got sunburned at the Rec Pool yesterday; surely it can’t rain on Picnic Day!

I think everyone should have their own personal holiday on their birthday. Do I really have to go to class tonight?

No comments: